Treatments for Rosacea
You Don’t Have to Live with The Redness
Rosacea is a common skin condition that according to the latest estimates affects some 16 million Americans.
Although rosacea is non-life-threatening condition it is often a life-disruptive one which causes facial redness, small blemishes which resemble acne, visible fine vascular lines, enlarged nose, swelling around the eyes, and red eyelids.
Rosacea can take a significant toll on a patient’s emotional health as the physical manifestations can have a negative impact on their self-confidence and self-esteem. But this doesn’t have to be the case, although rosacea is a chronic condition for which there is yet no permanent cure, there are many treatments offered by Revivify Medical Spa designed to lessen the symptoms and improve the overall appearance of the skin.
Who Is at Risk of Developing Rosacea?
Anyone can develop rosacea during their lifetime; however, it is most common amongst these groups:
- Adults age 30 to 60
- Women are more susceptible to the condition especially during menopause
- People with fair skin
What Causes Rosacea?
Researchers have not been able to identify the exact cause of this skin condition, but they have enough evidence to link it to several hereditary and environmental factors:
- Genes: Most people who suffer from rosacea have a close relative who also has the condition, indicating that those with a family history of the illness are more likely to develop it.
- Blushing Easily: Rosacea often begins with a higher tendency to blush or flush compared to other people. Some experts believe rosacea happens when facial blood vessels expand easily making people blush, therefore those who blush more easily are more likely to develop the illness.
- Sun Damage: Too much sun exposure could damage facial blood vessels causing them to widen, which makes them more visible.
- Mites: Demodex folliculorum is a usually harmless skin mite that normally lives on our skin, however, when there are too many they can irritate the skin.
- Gut Bacteria: A bacteria known as H. pylori is normally found in our gut, and recent studies suggest this type of bacteria can increase the amount of a digestive hormone called gastrin which might cause the skin to flush.
Rosacea has been around for a long time, and for many years patients did not have access to effective treatments that could help reduce the number of flare-ups and reduce the redness and swelling, this is no longer the case, the different treatment options offered at our Revivify Medical Spa facility means you no longer have to live the redness and the embarrassment that goes with it.
Sunlight is the leading cause of rosacea flare-ups responsible for the facial redness. Although everyone should protect their skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays, this is especially true for those who are already suffering from rosacea or have a higher risk of developing it.
- Use a suitable broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF30 or higher every day
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat if you plan to be outdoors
- Avoid the midday sun
- Stay in the shade as much as possible
Our advanced EVO MDK laser technology has been proven to reduce visible blood vessels in areas affected by rosacea as well as remove thickening skin.
Patients can expect a 50 to 75% blood vessel reduction in 1 to 3 treatments, but each patient is unique, and some may require more treatments than others.
Results from our laser therapy when used to treat visible blood vessels usually last from 3-5 years, the treated vessels will not resurface but other vessels may become visible over time.
IPL technology is a great treatment option for mild to severe rosacea patients, IPL has been proven to reduce redness, improve skin texture, and reduce the severity and frequency of acneiform breakouts.
Intense Pulsed Light technology flashes the light in different wavelengths onto the skin, in rosacea patients, this light when absorbed by targeted blood vessels essentially destroys them in a painless and non-invasive way, once the blood vessels are destroyed the redness they caused is minimized.
Scarlet SRF Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
The most recommended treatment for rosacea is Scarlet.
Scarlet SRF treatments deliver thermal radiofrequency energy to the deepest layers of the skin via microneedles. Scarlet SRF penetrates the outer skin layer and epidermis, sending rapid, safe, and gentle pulses of radiofrequency heat to the treatment area.
The combined mechanical action of the microneedles and thermal action of radiofrequency simultaneously promote collagen growth and facilitate noticeable skin rejuvenation with little to no downtime.